-   -   Change date from yyyymmdd to valid date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/241463-change-date-yyyymmdd-valid-date-format.html)

denilynn

Change date from yyyymmdd to valid date format

I imported data from an industry-specific software into Excel. The 09/02/09
date, for example, converted to 20090902 in Excel. How can I change this to a
valid date format?
--
Thanks in advance for your time!
denilynn

Jacob Skaria

Change date from yyyymmdd to valid date format

--Select the range of dates which needs to be corrected.
--From menu DataText to Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns
Wizard' Hit NextNext will take you to Step 3 of 3 of the Wizard.
--From Column Data format select Date and select the date format in which
your data is (YMD).
--Hit Finish. MSExcel will now convert the dates to the default date format
of your computer.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"denilynn" wrote:

I imported data from an industry-specific software into Excel. The 09/02/09
date, for example, converted to 20090902 in Excel. How can I change this to a
valid date format?
--
Thanks in advance for your time!
denilynn

Luke M

Change date from yyyymmdd to valid date format

something like this:

=DATE(LEFT(A2,4),MID(A2,5,2),RIGHT(A2,2))

will convert to a standard XL date.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"denilynn" wrote:

I imported data from an industry-specific software into Excel. The 09/02/09
date, for example, converted to 20090902 in Excel. How can I change this to a
valid date format?
--
Thanks in advance for your time!
denilynn

denilynn

Change date from yyyymmdd to valid date format

Very cool! You saved me hours!
--

"denilynn" wrote:

I imported data from an industry-specific software into Excel. The 09/02/09
date, for example, converted to 20090902 in Excel. How can I change this to a
valid date format?
--
Thanks in advance for your time!
denilynn

denilynn

Change date from yyyymmdd to valid date format

This worked! Thanks!!