Old September 1st 09, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protect Excel Worksheet to be opened on one PC only

Gord, That is exactly what I did. I get the password prompt when I want to
open a file, but no one else does. But they should, too. I am not even the
administrator. I am just the "one who knew how to put in a password protect"
- ha-ha, jokes on them there". But I have done this many times and it has
worked. I am puzzled why it would suddenly not want to let anyone in except
myself. I was even careful NOT to use my Vista machine, but to use my older
2003 machine, so that wouldn't be a screwup, even though i haven't gotten any
problem like this from the crossover (different problems, but not this one).

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You did not set a pasword for the sheets.

Where you set the password was under FileSave AsToolsGeneral Options
password to open the file(workbook)?

You do not get a password request when you open the file?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:05:01 -0700, LyndaLu
wrote:

I have the opposite problem. I set a password for our Excel worksheets so
only the three of us who use it could get in, and only I can . . . it doesn't
even ask them for the password . . . just says "administrator set password".
Any idea what have I done wrong? We have 2003 and I used Tools, General
Options to set the password.
Thanks for any ideas.

"Fabian" wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to protect an Excel document to be opened on one
computer only. On other computers, the Excel document should show a message
like "This document cannot be opened on this computer" or just fail to open.

The idea is to protect intellectual property in that document (and to
prohibit its usage, so a simple cell protection wouldn't be enough).

Third party solutions would be OK too.

Any answers would be highly appreciated!

Thank you,
Fabian

Old September 1st 09, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"They" don't get asked for a password to open?

Just the message about 'administrator set password" and nothing else?

I'm not sure but maybe something to do with Windows permissions or group
policies.

Doesn't sound like an Excel-generated issue.

Gord

Old June 27th 20, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you can just protect your vba project in tools menu vbaproject properties then on
on protiction tab sign on protect project and enter your password this shoulid be brevent any one but you to acces the vba code of your programe