-   -   Dropdown Lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/241192-dropdown-lists.html)

Trouble

Dropdown Lists

Dear Excel experts,

I have a very basic question, I have an existing invoiceTemplate and I
have created 3 separate lists:

DVDs
Books
Others

In the Item column I would like to pull the data from these 3 lists:

Here is it what I want to to:

First of Select whether it's Book, DVD or other
Then go to the Item column and select the Item
if I have selected the DVD then it should Hide books and other item
and vice versa

Looking for advice

I am new to excel.

Many thanks for your help.

Saqi

T. Valko

Dropdown Lists

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Trouble" wrote in message
Dear Excel experts,

I have a very basic question, I have an existing invoiceTemplate and I
have created 3 separate lists:

DVDs
Books
Others

In the Item column I would like to pull the data from these 3 lists:

Here is it what I want to to:

First of Select whether it's Book, DVD or other
Then go to the Item column and select the Item
if I have selected the DVD then it should Hide books and other item
and vice versa

Looking for advice

I am new to excel.

Many thanks for your help.

Saqi

FSt1

Dropdown Lists

hi
sounds like you are talking about cascading combos or dependent combos.
assuming your are useing data validation here so see this site....

regards
FSt1