-   -   Average rounded to nearest 0.50 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/241187-average-rounded-nearest-0-50-a.html)

Anthony[_5_]

Average rounded to nearest 0.50

How do I round an average of three numbers down to the nearest 0.50
assuming the three numbers are in cells a1, b1, and c1 and the formula
will be in cell d1. Also, how do I do the same but round up to the
nearest 0.50.

joeu2004

"Anthony" wrote:
How do I round an average of three numbers down to the nearest 0.50
assuming the three numbers are in cells a1, b1, and c1 and the formula
will be in cell d1.

Any of the following:

=ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2, 0) / 2

=ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1)/0.5, 0) * 0.5

=MROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1), 0.5)

Also, how do I do the same but round up to the
nearest 0.50.

Either of the following:

=ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2, 0) / 2

=ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:C1)/0.5, 0) * 0.5

Sean Timmons

Average rounded to nearest 0.50

=ROUNDDOWN(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2,0)/2
=ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2,0)/2

Should get you.

"Anthony" wrote:

How do I round an average of three numbers down to the nearest 0.50
assuming the three numbers are in cells a1, b1, and c1 and the formula
will be in cell d1. Also, how do I do the same but round up to the
nearest 0.50.

joeu2004

Average rounded to nearest 0.50

Errata....

I wrote:
"Anthony" wrote:
How do I round an average of three numbers down to the nearest 0.50

Sorry, had the subject line in mind ("rounded to nearest 0.50" and missed
the word "down" here.

Any of the following:
=ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2, 0) / 2
=ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1)/0.5, 0) * 0.5
=MROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1), 0.5)

Change ROUND to ROUNDDOWN. And MROUND is no longer an option.

How do I round an average of three numbers down to the nearest 0.50
assuming the three numbers are in cells a1, b1, and c1 and the formula
will be in cell d1.

Any of the following:

=ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2, 0) / 2

=ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1)/0.5, 0) * 0.5

=MROUND(AVERAGE(A1:C1), 0.5)

Also, how do I do the same but round up to the
nearest 0.50.

Either of the following:

=ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2, 0) / 2

=ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:C1)/0.5, 0) * 0.5

Anthony[_5_]

Average rounded to nearest 0.50

On Aug 31, 5:49*pm, Sean Timmons
wrote:
=ROUNDDOWN(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2,0)/2
=ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:C1)*2,0)/2

Should get you.

"Anthony" wrote:
How do I round an average of three numbers down to the nearest 0.50
assuming the three numbers are in cells a1, b1, and c1 and the formula
will be in cell d1. *Also, how do I do the same but round up to the
nearest 0.50.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much for the assist. The formulas work perfectly.
JoeU, thanks for replying also.