-   -   Data Sorting Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/241062-data-sorting-problem.html)

Dado

Data Sorting Problem

Hello,

In case of sorting large data alphabetically, once I do sorting function of
data by name in column A it creates two sorted lists, for example 100 names,
it sorts 20 from A to Z and than remaining 80 names AGAIN from A to Z. I
cant get it sort the entire document in one list. Please help and thank you
in advance!!

Sean Timmons

Data Sorting Problem

Sounds like perhaps some of the data has a space in front of it. Either that
or you may have a blank row in between... if the second, just highlight the
whole workbook and sort..

"Dado" wrote:

Hello,

In case of sorting large data alphabetically, once I do sorting function of
data by name in column A it creates two sorted lists, for example 100 names,
it sorts 20 from A to Z and than remaining 80 names AGAIN from A to Z. I
cant get it sort the entire document in one list. Please help and thank you
in advance!!

Janet

Data Sorting Problem

Could it be that some are in uppercase and some in lowercase?