-   -   Font Sizing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240813-font-sizing.html)

Logodog

Font Sizing

How do I condense a font in Excel? We are using a condensed font in Word and
would like to carry that through to our Excel documents. But I cannot find
where to do that.

dlw

Font Sizing

have you tried, from the menu bar: Format/Cells/Font tab

"Logodog" wrote:

How do I condense a font in Excel? We are using a condensed font in Word and
would like to carry that through to our Excel documents. But I cannot find
where to do that.

Gord Dibben

Font Sizing

Define what you mean by "condensed"

A new term to me.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:34:01 -0700, Logodog
wrote:

How do I condense a font in Excel? We are using a condensed font in Word and
would like to carry that through to our Excel documents. But I cannot find
where to do that.

Bob I

Font Sizing

A narrower pitch than the regular font, many of the dot matrix printers
made had that as an option button on the panel.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/206884

wrote:

How do I condense a font in Excel? We are using a condensed font in Word and
would like to carry that through to our Excel documents. But I cannot find
where to do that.

Gord Dibben

Font Sizing

Thanks again Bob

I guess I could done a KB search which I assume you did.

I was hoping OP would post back

Gord

wrote:

How do I condense a font in Excel? We are using a condensed font in Word and
would like to carry that through to our Excel documents. But I cannot find
where to do that.

Bob I

Font Sizing

No problem, but as to the OP's posting the info as to what he means is
pretty sparse. But I suspect that they actually referring to having
applied "Condensed" spacing to the text in their document but that word
processor feature isn't available in Excel.