-   -   Average Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2408-average-macro.html)

Christopher Anderson

Average Macro

I am not very familiar with the syntax to write macros. If someone could
give me a step by step on how to do this I would really appreciate it.

I want to be able to highlight any group of cells in a worksheet and run a
macro that will calculate the average of the cell values. I want this
average value to pop up in a small window that I can immediately close and do
again and again. I realize that this will probably require some programming
in VB. It seems relatively simple but I am not familiar enough with VB to
figure it out on my own.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

-CRA

Jason Morin

You can accomplish this without VBA. Right-click on the
status bar at the bottom right-hand corner of your Excel
window and select "Average". Now select your range of
cells. The average will appear.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I am not very familiar with the syntax to write macros.

If someone could
give me a step by step on how to do this I would really

appreciate it.

I want to be able to highlight any group of cells in a

worksheet and run a
macro that will calculate the average of the cell

values. I want this
average value to pop up in a small window that I can

immediately close and do
again and again. I realize that this will probably

require some programming
in VB. It seems relatively simple but I am not familiar

enough with VB to
figure it out on my own.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

-CRA