-   -   When saving files, I get a back up of the same file saved as well (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240774-when-saving-files-i-get-back-up-same-file-saved-well.html)

ac

When saving files, I get a back up of the same file saved as well

Since I switched to 2007, everytime I save a file a back up of the same file
is saved in the same spot. How can I just have the file save without the
system creating a back up?

Gord Dibben

When saving files, I get a back up of the same file saved as well

OrbSave AsExcel WorkbookTools(lower left corner)General Options

Uncheck "always create backup"

This must be done for each workbook.

No global setting that I know of.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP