-   -   Format converter does not work for only one user (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240694-format-converter-does-not-work-only-one-user.html)

AnotherNewGuy

Format converter does not work for only one user

XP Pro with MS Office Standard 2003.

I've installed the File Format converter, and it works if I'm logged in or
another user is logged in. But it does not work with the primary user of the
comptuer. He gets the "This file is not in a recognizable format." error. I
had another user log in, and it works for him as well. So far, it works fine
for 3 of 4 users. Two of the users that it does work for have exactly the
same security as the user that it does not work for. I don't think security
is the issue.

I have installed it logged in as him with the RunAs command, and I've
installed it logged in as the Administrator. It doesn't work. I'm stumped.
Suggestions?

thx

Gord Dibben

Format converter does not work for only one user

Format Converter from what to what?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP