-   -   opposite of concatenate? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240689-opposite-concatenate.html)

BrightHawk

opposite of concatenate?

I have multiple unique identifiers (item) in each cell of a spreadsheet,
separated by a comma and space, and I need to find a way to separate them so
there is only one identifier (item) per cell. Is that possible?

Luke M

opposite of concatenate?

If they use common "dividers" take a look at Data - Text to Columns, and use
a delimiter as first option. Then choose your delimiter(s) as appropriate.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"BrightHawk" wrote:

I have multiple unique identifiers (item) in each cell of a spreadsheet,
separated by a comma and space, and I need to find a way to separate them so
there is only one identifier (item) per cell. Is that possible?

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

opposite of concatenate?

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:48:05 -0700, BrightHawk
wrote:

I have multiple unique identifiers (item) in each cell of a spreadsheet,
separated by a comma and space, and I need to find a way to separate them so
there is only one identifier (item) per cell. Is that possible?

Take a look at "Text to columns" that you find under "Data".

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Pritesh[_2_]

opposite of concatenate?

Study MID Formula and see if it is usful to you or not.

You could have given some example so others can exactly understand your
requirement and study & answer.
Pritesh