-   -   Conditional Formatting Based on a Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240646-conditional-formatting-based-formula.html)

ryanholliday

Conditional Formatting Based on a Formula

Hello,

I would like to conditionally format using the following data and using
3-color icons:

C3=1:43
C4=1:33
C5=1:45

I want to say if (C$3-C4) is greater than 0:02 or less than -0:02, then
format using a green symbol. If (C$3-C4) is greater than 0:05 or less than
-0:05, then format using a yellow symbol. If (C$3-C4) is greater than 0:10
or less than -0:10, then format using a red symbol.

Hopefully this makes sense. I spend a couple hours trying to figure out how
to do this. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sean Timmons

Conditional Formatting Based on a Formula

In your conditional formatting box, change to formula is then:

=ABS(C$3-C4):02
=ABS(C$3-C4):05
=ABS(C$3-C4):10

in sequence should work.