-   -   extended selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24064-extended-selection.html)

jsermanexceluser

extended selection

Once I click my pointer I can't undo, it continues to extend the selection

Carole O

Check to see if your scroll lock key is on.

Carole O

"jsermanexceluser" wrote:

Once I click my pointer I can't undo, it continues to extend the selection

Duke Carey

More likely the F8 key or the Shift-F8 keys were inadvertantly pressed. Hit
Esc, or press F8 until you no longer see Ext or Add in the right portion of
the Status Bar