-   -   How do I prevent a user from entering data in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240594-how-do-i-prevent-user-entering-data-cell.html)

jaydub100

How do I prevent a user from entering data in a cell?

I am trying to lock down a contiguous group of cells so that the user cannot
change the data or formula. How do I do that?

Jacob Skaria

How do I prevent a user from entering data in a cell?

--Select the whole sheet, right clickFormat cellsProtection (last tab), and
uncheck locked.
--Now select your range of cells to be locked Right clickFormat cells
Protectioncheck the locked box
--Now protect your worksheet. Users will be able to edit and change
information
everywhere other than the last selected range

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria