-   -   How to i display 15 as 15 mins without showing the date (EXCEL) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240382-how-i-display-15-15-mins-without-showing-date-excel.html)

Jonathan

How to i display 15 as 15 mins without showing the date (EXCEL)

I want to type 15 into the box so that it displays as 00: (15 mins) I thought
I had found a way but it insits on including the date which is irrelevant or
turning the figure into days

Jacob Skaria

How to i display 15 as 15 mins without showing the date (EXCEL)

Entering 00:15 into a cell stores the value as 15 minutes and autoformat the
cell to hh:mm format. Check out the below link to see how excel stores date
and time.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jonathan" wrote:

I want to type 15 into the box so that it displays as 00: (15 mins) I thought
I had found a way but it insits on including the date which is irrelevant or
turning the figure into days

j5b9721

How to i display 15 as 15 mins without showing the date (EXCEL)

Jonathan...
I tried a custom format but nothing worked for me.
I can only find this way to make it work for you... #.15
You need to set up a column before or after your data area.
Format the col text to white so its not seen, and col width to be small and
thin.
(This will be your data entry location) "Col B"

A B
4line .15 15 <--- not seen (format col. for "White" text) (Data
Entry B4)

In cell A4 use this =b4/100 (OR) =IF(B4="","",B4/100) ... if you will be
Conditional Formating the cell.

For 1 hour & 15 minutes (enter 115) it will be 1.15

I hope this helps you...