-   -   Error with copying values in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240368-error-copying-values-cells.html)

SabrinaB

Error with copying values in cells

I'm having difficulty copying and pasting values only, using the 'paste
special' option. The values are incorrect. I've verified that the cells are
not formatted as text, but numbers instead. Also, after pasting the copied
cells, the sum function changes, even though I do not select that cell or
change its contents in any way that I can see.

Jacob Skaria

Error with copying values in cells

Check whether the cells you copied are formatted to display differently..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"SabrinaB" wrote:

I'm having difficulty copying and pasting values only, using the 'paste
special' option. The values are incorrect. I've verified that the cells are
not formatted as text, but numbers instead. Also, after pasting the copied
cells, the sum function changes, even though I do not select that cell or
change its contents in any way that I can see.

SabrinaB

Error with copying values in cells

Thanks, it looks like it was an issue between different versions of excel.