-   -   dynamic range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240265-dynamic-range.html)

Flipper

dynamic range

I have a defined range in one workbookA. In workbookB, I have a macro that
copys the defined range from WorkbookA into Workbook B. If for some reason
blanks rows are inserted into the range, will those blank rows appear in
Workbook B when the macro executes?--
Allan

Jacob Skaria

dynamic range

If the macro directly copies the defined range;then blank lines also will be
copied.

"Flipper" wrote:

I have a defined range in one workbookA. In workbookB, I have a macro that
copys the defined range from WorkbookA into Workbook B. If for some reason
blanks rows are inserted into the range, will those blank rows appear in
Workbook B when the macro executes?--
Allan

Luke M

dynamic range

Without seeing exactly how your code works, and assuming you're doing a
straightforward copy&paste, I would have to say yes, as that is how copy &
paste traditionally works. But again, it depends on your macro and how
exaclty you are "copying".
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Flipper" wrote:

I have a defined range in one workbookA. In workbookB, I have a macro that
copys the defined range from WorkbookA into Workbook B. If for some reason
blanks rows are inserted into the range, will those blank rows appear in
Workbook B when the macro executes?--
Allan

Flipper

dynamic range

This is the macro: Also, I just added rows of data into the "OPERAT"
workbook, and these new rows did not copy over into the Audit book workbook
after I ran the macro again

Workbooks.Open Filename:="U:\Courtney\Copy of OPERAT.xls", Notify:=False
Sheets("INVESTMENT").Activate
Range("auditbook").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Windows("Audit Book Template.xls").Activate
Range("A3").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("Copy of OPERAT.xls").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False