-   -   extract the month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240038-extract-month.html)

Jim

extract the month

Hello,

I'm using the following to extract the month from a date: =MONTH(G2). I
can't seem to figure out how to get it to show the actual month (August)
instead of the numbered month (8).

Can you help?
Thanks

Jacob Skaria

extract the month

Try
=TEXT(G2,"mmmm")

or
Custom format that to mmmm

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

I'm using the following to extract the month from a date: =MONTH(G2). I
can't seem to figure out how to get it to show the actual month (August)
instead of the numbered month (8).

Can you help?
Thanks

barry houdini[_21_]

extract the month

Jim;456812 Wrote:
Hello,

I'm using the following to extract the month from a date: =MONTH(G2).
can't seem to figure out how to get it to show the actual month
(August)
instead of the numbered month (8).

Can you help?
Thanks

Hello Jim,

You can use TEXT function, i.e.

=TEXT(G2,"mmmm")

--
barry houdini
barry houdini's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=72

Max

extract the month

Maybe you could use this instead: =TEXT(G2,"mmm")
which will directly extract the month from the date in G2 as text, eg: Aug

aha? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore