-   -   2007 conditional formatting begins with (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240008-2007-conditional-formatting-begins.html)

Lynn

2007 conditional formatting begins with

I'm trying to use the "begins with" function within conditional formatting in
2007, but the option is not there. Neither is there a contains option. I
tried using wildcards (eg. c* for words beginning with c) and this also did
not work.

Both Begins with and contains were available in 2003 - how can I acheive
this in 2007 please!?
Thanks

Ron Rosenfeld

2007 conditional formatting begins with

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 04:19:01 -0700, Lynn
wrote:

I'm trying to use the "begins with" function within conditional formatting in
2007, but the option is not there. Neither is there a contains option. I
tried using wildcards (eg. c* for words beginning with c) and this also did
not work.

Both Begins with and contains were available in 2003 - how can I acheive
this in 2007 please!?
Thanks

It should be there.

Are you using the Ribbon?

If so, select

Styles
Conditional Formatting
New Rule
Rule Type: Format only cells that contain
Rule Description
Format only cells with:
Specific Text (from dropdown)
beginning with (adjacent dropdown)