-   -   Excel is not responding (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239987-excel-not-responding.html)

robin

Excel is not responding

Excel program is not responding. What can I do to save the file or get it to
open up again.
Cannot close out of file. Was in the midst of deleting alot of data. Says
something about if I open again will be read only.

YESHWANT JOSHI[_2_]

Excel is not responding

Hi Robin,

Try reregistering excel.

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run €“ €œexcel /unregserver €œ
then Windows Start Button|Run €“ €œexcel /regserver €œ

The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets some of the windows registry to
excel's factory defaults.

click yes below, if it helps