-   -   Saving as a 2003 file in 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239911-re-saving-2003-file-2007-a.html)

Chadersmith

Saving as a 2003 file in 2007

Hi Guys,

I've created a macro on 2003 that is associated with a 2003 xls (it has an
ActiveWorkbook.Save function in there). I had tested the macro on my computer
(running Office 2003) multiple times without failure. I then tested the macro
on a collegue's computer (office 2007) without failure.

I then attempted to make some updates on my computer but ran into a dll
issue. I resaved the entire file from my collegue's comp as a 2003 and was
fine. Is there a way to have an activeworkbook.save function in VBA that will
save as a 2003?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I was not
clear.

Ron de Bruin

Saving as a 2003 file in 2007

Hi Chadersmith