-   -   new book at startup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239851-new-book-startup.html)

assaf1978

new book at startup

Hi,
Why doesn't my excel 2007 open a new book at startup? when I open the excel,
it comes up blank and I have to open a new file manually.

Thanks,
Assaf.

Gary Keramidas

new book at startup

are you sure your shortcut doesn't have a "/e" appended to it? this would cause
it.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /e

this will open excel with not workbook. remove the /e to open with book1.

if you're not running an x64 version, it would be
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE"

try creating a shortcut from excel.exe in the proper folder and se what
happens.
--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003