-   -   Is there a plug-in to generate barcodes in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239758-there-plug-generate-barcodes-excel.html)

Matt

Is there a plug-in to generate barcodes in Excel?

I think the subject says it all, I've been searching trying to find a way to
turn UPCs into scannable barcodes a few hundred at a time, but haven't had
any luck.

Appreciate any help!

Matt

Luke M

Is there a plug-in to generate barcodes in Excel?

What you actually need is a Barcode font. There are several of these that be
be downloaded off the web. Once you add it to your Font library on your
computer, you can use XL to translate normal characters into UPC symbols.

Do note, however, there are subtle differences between some barcodes (aka,
different fonts). Also, some bar code scanners require a set of start/stop
characters to be placed around the actual message.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M