Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I format cells containing a value to display as true/false

I want to convert cell values in a range to be displayed in boolean format.

Much appreciate any help given.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I format cells containing a value to display as true/false

To format cells containing a value to display as true/false, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the range of cells that you want to format.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
  3. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, select the "Custom" category.
  4. In the "Type" field, enter the following format code: ;;"TRUE";"FALSE"
  5. Click "OK" to apply the formatting.

Now, the cells in the selected range will display "TRUE" or "FALSE" depending on their value. If the value is non-zero, it will be displayed as "TRUE", otherwise it will be displayed as "FALSE".

Alternatively, you can also use a formula to convert the values to boolean format. For example, if your values are in cells A1:A10, you can use the following formula in cell B1 and copy it down to cell B10:

Formula:
=IF(A1<0,TRUE,FALSE
This formula checks if the value in cell A1 is non-zero, and returns "TRUE" if it is, otherwise it returns "FALSE". You can then format the cells in column B as "TRUE/FALSE" using the steps above.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells. Right click Format cells CustomType: the below and hit OK

+ve values will be displayed as TRUE
-ve values will be displayed as FALSE
0 will be displayed as 0 itself

"TRUE";"FALSE";"0"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"gootroots" wrote:

I want to convert cell values in a range to be displayed in boolean format.

Much appreciate any help given.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the limits of your range of values are A1 and B1, and your data item is
in A2
=MEDIAN(A$1,B$1,A2)=A2 will be TRUE is A2 is within the range, and FALSE if
not.
--
David Biddulph