-   -   Alternative program to Excel for array formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239712-alternative-program-excel-array-formulas.html)

Minister

Alternative program to Excel for array formulas

We're using a quite powerful machine: quad core extreme CPU, 4gb of Ram, XP
Pro.

However, we're dealing with array formulas which refer to a worsheet of
205,000 rows * 23 columns (ever-increasing).

Excel doesn't operate properly and on manual calculation, it shows the
message:
"Excel ran out of resources".

Is there another way to calculate such large an amount of information?
Another program that is?

joel

Alternative program to Excel for array formulas

Access is better designed to handle large databases. You can put the data
into Access and still use Excel as a front end to access the database using
VBA code or queries.

"Minister" wrote:

We're using a quite powerful machine: quad core extreme CPU, 4gb of Ram, XP
Pro.

However, we're dealing with array formulas which refer to a worsheet of
205,000 rows * 23 columns (ever-increasing).

Excel doesn't operate properly and on manual calculation, it shows the
message:
"Excel ran out of resources".

Is there another way to calculate such large an amount of information?
Another program that is?

Bernd P

Alternative program to Excel for array formulas

Hello,

A long-term solution should be a database like MS SQL Server.

A short-term solution might be found he
http://sulprobil.com/html/listfreq.html

(depends on what you need to calculate)

Regards,