-   -   Formatting range in concatanate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23961-formatting-range-concatanate.html)

Nigel

Formatting range in concatanate

Hi,
I have a problem in a concatanating formula. my text is pretty simple, with
this, i have added a value from a cell. This is a percentage figure (25%).
Only, it looks like this 25.04568472367376574%. I have formatted the cell to
1 decimal point but can this be done for the concatanating formula?

Regards,

Nigel

Bob Phillips

=TEXT(A1,"0.0%")&... the rest

--

HTH

RP

"Nigel" wrote in message
I have a problem in a concatanating formula. my text is pretty simple,

with
this, i have added a value from a cell. This is a percentage figure (25%).
Only, it looks like this 25.04568472367376574%. I have formatted the cell

1 decimal point but can this be done for the concatanating formula?

Regards,

Nigel

Nigel

Hi,
That doesnt seem to work. even if i start with =text. here is my actual
formula.
=CONCATENATE(A5 & " are responsible for £" &D5 & " of this years current
work in progress.( "&F5&"% )")

A5 = Client Name
D5 = Cost to Date
F5 = Percentage. currently showing 0.11191432234085%
( ineed this to show 11.19%)

Regs,

Nigel
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"0.0%")&... the rest

--

HTH

RP

"Nigel" wrote in message
I have a problem in a concatanating formula. my text is pretty simple,

with
this, i have added a value from a cell. This is a percentage figure (25%).
Only, it looks like this 25.04568472367376574%. I have formatted the cell

1 decimal point but can this be done for the concatanating formula?

Regards,

Nigel

Bob Phillips

You don't need CONCATENATE and &

=A5&" are responsible for £"&D5&" of this years current work in
progress.("&TEXT(F5,"0.0%"&" )")

--

HTH

RP

"Nigel" wrote in message
That doesnt seem to work. even if i start with =text. here is my actual
formula.
=CONCATENATE(A5 & " are responsible for £" &D5 & " of this years current
work in progress.( "&F5&"% )")

A5 = Client Name
D5 = Cost to Date
F5 = Percentage. currently showing 0.11191432234085%
( ineed this to show 11.19%)

Regs,

Nigel
"Bob Phillips" wrote: