-   -   I get "too many formats" in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239587-i-get-too-many-formats-excel.html)

LenL

I get "too many formats" in Excel

I have a fairly long Excel program (5 megabytes) that analyzes splits in a
swim meet. I am getting "too many formats". How can I get Excel 2003 to
increase the number of formats it will accept?

Pete_UK

I get "too many formats" in Excel

You can't (unless you upgrade to XL 2007) - you'll just have to
simplify the formatting applied in your workbook.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 13, 12:41*am, LenL wrote:
I have a fairly long Excel program (5 megabytes) that analyzes splits in a
swim meet. I am getting "too many formats". How can I get Excel 2003 to
increase the number of formats it will accept?

FSt1

I get "too many formats" in Excel

hi
sorry, you've hit a ceiling. 2003 only allows 4000 different combinations of
cell formats. 2007 increased that to 64000 (due to the larger sheets) but it
is a ceilling and the only real solution is ....don't exceed the limit.
see this site for more detail and possible fixes.

regards
FSt1