-   -   subtraction (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239508-subtraction.html)

Mark

subtraction

I have a spreadsheet for bills,, when i check off a bill paid in row C with
an (x) I want it to automaticly subtract the amount in row D from the total
line of D 30.
Is it possible.?

T. Valko

subtraction

Does D30 already contain a formula? Is this for a check register type of
thing?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mark" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet for bills,, when i check off a bill paid in row C
with
an (x) I want it to automaticly subtract the amount in row D from the
total
line of D 30.
Is it possible.?

joeu2004

subtraction

"Mark" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet for bills,, when i check off a bill paid in row C
with
an (x) I want it to automaticly subtract the amount in row D from the
total
line of D 30. Is it possible.?

You're a little light on details. But perhaps the following paradigm will
help.

In D30:

=SUM(D1:D29) - SUMIF(C1:C29,"x",D1:D29)