-   -   Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239423-make-row-white-unless-value-certain-cell-0-a.html)

Josh

Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0

I have a massive list of formulas that arent in use untill the data is typed
into certain boxes below them, I have a cell in each row with a value of '0'
(untill edited) so what im asking is for the writing in that row to be white
then when the value is changed to 0 it turns black, is this possible?

Jacob Skaria

Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0

You can modify the formula itself to return blanks....

OR

(using conditional formatting)
1. Select the cell/Range
2. From menu FormatConditional Formatting
3. For Condition1Select 'Cell Value Is' and enter 0
4. Click Format ButtonFontColor select 'White'

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Josh" wrote:

I have a massive list of formulas that arent in use untill the data is typed
into certain boxes below them, I have a cell in each row with a value of '0'
(untill edited) so what im asking is for the writing in that row to be white
then when the value is changed to 0 it turns black, is this possible?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0

Yes. Use conditional formatting, Formula Is (not Cell Value Is), $B2=0 or
whatever for your white condition. Note that the column reference needs to
be absolute and the row reference relative.
--
David Biddulph

"Josh" wrote in message
I have a massive list of formulas that arent in use untill the data is
typed
into certain boxes below them, I have a cell in each row with a value of
'0'
(untill edited) so what im asking is for the writing in that row to be
white
then when the value is changed to 0 it turns black, is this possible?

Andrea Jones

Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0

An easy way to do this is to use Excel's normal number formatting. Highlight
the cells containing the formulae and press CTRL+1. Set the format to number
with however many decimal places you would want if a value was displayed and
then click on Custom. You should see a format like

0.00

Now type a ; after this to create a negative number format and type the same
format code but with a minus sign in front, e.g.

0.00;-0.00

Finally add a semicolon to the end of this to create a zero format but don't
type anything after the final semicolon

0.00;-0.00;

You will now find any zero values disappear but positive and negative values
will format as shown.

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutclait.com
"Josh" wrote:

I have a massive list of formulas that arent in use untill the data is typed
into certain boxes below them, I have a cell in each row with a value of '0'
(untill edited) so what im asking is for the writing in that row to be white
then when the value is changed to 0 it turns black, is this possible?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0

But didn't the OP say that he wanted the *whole row* to be white if the
value in the one cell was zero?
--
David Biddulph

"Josh" wrote:

I have a massive list of formulas that arent in use untill the data is
typed
into certain boxes below them, I have a cell in each row with a value of
'0'
(untill edited) so what im asking is for the writing in that row to be
white
then when the value is changed to 0 it turns black, is this possible?

Josh

Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0

Im not to sure how this site works but is it possible for someone to attach a
document with the formula in it, i find it very easy to read opposed to being
told hah

"Josh" wrote:

I have a massive list of formulas that arent in use untill the data is typed
into certain boxes below them, I have a cell in each row with a value of '0'
(untill edited) so what im asking is for the writing in that row to be white
then when the value is changed to 0 it turns black, is this possible?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Make row white unless the value of a certain cell is 0

This isn't a site, this is a newsgroup, and it's not a binary newsgroup so
it will not accept attachments. I suggested a CF formula in my posting of
10:11 this morning. Have you tried the suggestion?
--
David Biddulph