-   -   Header and Footer margins (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239247-header-footer-margins.html)

Lenny

Header and Footer margins

Can the header/footer margins be set separately from the body of the worksheet?

Under page setup, the setting blocks for header and footer are for height or
distance from the top and bottom of the sheet only, not width. Whenever I
type something into the left block of the custom header it appears INDENTED
out from the left margin set in page setup.

I cannot get it to line up with the left margin. Do you have to 'fudge it'
by offsetting the worksheet to the right by adding a blank column to the left
of the first column in the worksheet?

Regards - Lenny

Gord Dibben

Header and Footer margins

Header/footer margins are fixed at left and right.

I find the easiest way around alignment is to pad headers/footers with
spaces on left and right.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP