-   -   How to do a UNIX-style diff between two versions of an Excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/239243-how-do-unix-style-diff-between-two-versions-excel-file.html)

Kilongen

How to do a UNIX-style diff between two versions of an Excel file

How to do a UNIX-style diff between two versions of an Excel file? One
version is 941K and one is 942K, and I want to know exactly what these
differences are. Thanks!

joel

How to do a UNIX-style diff between two versions of an Excel file

If you are looking just to compare text, then save both files as CSV and use
diff on a unix machine to compare the files! There are unix type tools that
you can install on windows that will run diff.

"Kilongen" wrote:

How to do a UNIX-style diff between two versions of an Excel file? One
version is 941K and one is 942K, and I want to know exactly what these
differences are. Thanks!

Kilongen[_2_]

How to do a UNIX-style diff between two versions of an Excel file

Thanks Joel, I should've thought of the CSV part myself. Regarding
diff tool, I'm using Windows, and am cautious about installing
malware ... can you recommend any particular diff tool? Thanks!

joel

How to do a UNIX-style diff between two versions of an Excel f

I've always used purchased products. See if RedHat as any windows ware.