-   -   Date formatting error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238983-date-formatting-error.html)

cindyt

Date formatting error

I have a spread sheet that has a column for dates - formatted for dates-

In some cells, when I enter 8/1/09 it turns it into a formula and gives me
1/0/1900. I've tried deleting, erasing, everything! Please help.

thanks! ckt

Bob Umlas[_3_]

Date formatting error

Tools/Options/Transition, deselect Transition formula Entry.