-   -   Excel column headers to a vertical list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23867-re-excel-column-headers-vertical-list.html)

Carole O

Excel column headers to a vertical list

Highlight the header row, go to Data, Filter, Auto Filter. Excel will filter
1000 different cells, so if you have a large file, be aware that what you see
may not be the full table.

Carole O

"Steve F" wrote:

How can I convert column headers to a vertical list in Excel

CyberTaz

Hi Steve-

I interpreted you question a little differently than Carole did. If you
meant that you have content in a row which you would like to have listed in a
column, such as;

FirstName LastName Phone

FirstName
LastName
Phone

then select the cells & copy/cut as usual. Right-Click the cell to begin the
pasting, but choose Paste Special from the menu. Put a check in the bottom
checkbox labeled Transpose, then click OK.

HTH |:)