-   -   FormulA help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238597-formula-help.html)

Jennifer

FormulA help

Hello, I have a dropdown menu of vendors, ( column d) and I would like to be
able to get a total for each vendor on the side... Is this possible, if so
how do I do this? Thanks for your help. The amounts are in column c. Thanks
again!

Jim Thomlinson

FormulA help

You are little thin on details but take a look at SumIf

=sumif(CriteriaRange, Criteria, SumRange)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"jennifer" wrote:

Hello, I have a dropdown menu of vendors, ( column d) and I would like to be
able to get a total for each vendor on the side... Is this possible, if so
how do I do this? Thanks for your help. The amounts are in column c. Thanks
again!

Jennifer

FormulA help

Right now i have Amounts in column c, and vendors in column d. Column d is
comprised of dropdown list of vendors so that we can select a vendor as we
enter the amount. On the side. Say in column I I would like a totla by vendor
because there could beseveral entries throughout the month. I hope that is
ore helpful detail. I tried sumif but can not make it work. Thanks!

"jennifer" wrote:

Hello, I have a dropdown menu of vendors, ( column d) and I would like to be
able to get a total for each vendor on the side... Is this possible, if so
how do I do this? Thanks for your help. The amounts are in column c. Thanks
again!

Eduardo

FormulA help

Hi,
Assuming that you have the vendor name in Cell H1 and you want to find the
total amount from column C in cell I1 enter

=sumproduct(--(H1=$D$1:$D$10000),$C$1:$C$1000)

change range to fit your needs

"jennifer" wrote:

Hello, I have a dropdown menu of vendors, ( column d) and I would like to be
able to get a total for each vendor on the side... Is this possible, if so
how do I do this? Thanks for your help. The amounts are in column c. Thanks
again!

Jennifer

FormulA help

Thank you sooooooo much for your help!