-   -   HELP! SUMIF / IF help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238590-help-sumif-if-help.html)

Rachie1987

HELP! SUMIF / IF help

Hello
I have a spreadsheet which basically is Set out like this:

DATE, DESCRIPTION, VALUE

I have set up one cell which i type in a date and basically i want the total
to go through and add up the total value of all items with a date earlier
than the date i enter, i.e. any orders dated before 01.07.09

I have tried a IF statement =IF(C:C<=J2,SUM(H11:H136),0) but (obviously)
this only adds up all the cells not the dates, not sure what i need to put in
to make it add up the cells i want? Help!!

Pete_UK

HELP! SUMIF / IF help

Try this:

=SUMIF(C:C,"<="&J2,H:H)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 31, 2:49*pm, Rachie1987
wrote:
Hello
I have a spreadsheet which basically is Set out like this:

DATE, *DESCRIPTION, VALUE

I have set up one cell which i type in a date and basically i want the total
to go through and add up the total value of all items with a date earlier
than the date i enter, i.e. any orders dated before 01.07.09

I have tried a IF statement =IF(C:C<=J2,SUM(H11:H136),0) but (obviously)
this only adds up all the cells not the dates, not sure what i need to put in
to make it add up the cells i want? Help!!

Jim Thomlinson

HELP! SUMIF / IF help

=sumif(C1:C136, "<" & J2, H1:H136)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rachie1987" wrote:

Hello
I have a spreadsheet which basically is Set out like this:

DATE, DESCRIPTION, VALUE

I have set up one cell which i type in a date and basically i want the total
to go through and add up the total value of all items with a date earlier
than the date i enter, i.e. any orders dated before 01.07.09

I have tried a IF statement =IF(C:C<=J2,SUM(H11:H136),0) but (obviously)
this only adds up all the cells not the dates, not sure what i need to put in
to make it add up the cells i want? Help!!

Jim Thomlinson

HELP! SUMIF / IF help

sorry should be...

=sumif(C1:C136, "<=" & J2, H1:H136)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

=sumif(C1:C136, "<" & J2, H1:H136)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rachie1987" wrote:

Hello
I have a spreadsheet which basically is Set out like this:

DATE, DESCRIPTION, VALUE

I have set up one cell which i type in a date and basically i want the total
to go through and add up the total value of all items with a date earlier
than the date i enter, i.e. any orders dated before 01.07.09

I have tried a IF statement =IF(C:C<=J2,SUM(H11:H136),0) but (obviously)
this only adds up all the cells not the dates, not sure what i need to put in
to make it add up the cells i want? Help!!

Jacob Skaria

HELP! SUMIF / IF help

The below formula will sum col H if entries in col C are greater than J2

=SUMIF(C:C,"<" & J2,H:H)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria