-   -   create daily logbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23855-create-daily-logbook.html)

JoEllen

create daily logbook

Hello...would like to create a daily logbook for our maintenance dept.....is
there a way to print a daily worksheet so each would display the date (one
sheet for each day during the year)? The dates need to be pre-printed on each
sheet to conform to regulations. Any one's ideas or suggestions are GREATLY
appreciated.
JoEllen L.

Dave Peterson

Just a suggestion...

I'd use one worksheet for all the data. Use one column for the Date (column
A???). Then apply Data|filter|Autofilter to the whole range.

You can filter it by any date you want--and even by employee/project or any
other data you have in that worksheet.

When the data is in one spot, there's lots of nice things you can do with it.
Putting the data on multiple worksheets makes summaries more difficult.

--

Dave Peterson

JoEllen

Thanks for the quick response! Let me add that what I need to do is create an
entire year's worth of sheets (with the date preprinted on each), print them
and have it bound into a book (the state doesn't want anyone fiddling with
the data I guess). Still up for any suggestions, and thanks again in
advance........

JoEllen wrote:

Hello...would like to create a daily logbook for our maintenance dept.....is
there a way to print a daily worksheet so each would display the date (one
sheet for each day during the year)? The dates need to be pre-printed on each
sheet to conform to regulations. Any one's ideas or suggestions are GREATLY
appreciated.
JoEllen L.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If you create a single sheet laid out nicely, you could have a macro that would
print that sheet (after changing the cell containing the date) multiple times.

Do you need to keep the worksheet, too?

And if you post the location of the date (A1 or B9 or ????), you'll get a few
more responses.