-   -   Averaging a list of dates / ages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238472-averaging-list-dates-ages.html)

Human Resources

Averaging a list of dates / ages

I have successfully converted dates of birth to current year and month ages,
but now I need to average the list (into years and months). Can someone help?
--
HR

Gary''s Student

Averaging a list of dates / ages

It is much easier to average the DOBs rather than the ages. For example if
the DOBs are in column A and the ages are in column B:

01/04/1997 12 years,6 months
12/23/1995 13 years,7 months
06/19/1998 11 years,1 months
01/30/1995 14 years,6 months
10/16/1990 18 years,9 months
06/06/1996 13 years,1 months
07/08/1990 19 years,0 months
03/08/1996 13 years,4 months
06/01/1991 18 years,1 months
02/11/1999 10 years,5 months
02/28/1993 16 years,5 months
05/31/1996 13 years,1 months
12/06/1996 12 years,7 months
06/20/1990 19 years,1 months
11/07/1996 12 years,8 months
05/21/1998 11 years,2 months
04/08/1998 11 years,3 months
02/04/1992 17 years,5 months
07/02/1999 10 years,0 months
05/03/1999 10 years,2 months

In another cell (say D1) enter:

=AVERAGE(A:A) which displays 8/14/995 (this is the average DOB)

In another cell (say E1) enter:

=DATEDIF(D1,TODAY(),"y")&" years,"&DATEDIF(D1,TODAY(),"ym")&" months"
which displays: 13 years,11 months (this is the average age)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200859