-   -   CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238438-create-desktop-shortcut.html)

PARSLEY DUMPLING

CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT?

I have totally forgotten how to create a shortcut on my desktop for an
exsisting .XLS file. Any help much appreciated in "baby speak" please.

Jacob Skaria

CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT?

From DesktopRight clickNewCreate shortcutbrowse the xls file.

OR

In windows explorer; right click on the xls fileCreate shortcut..will
create a short cut file in the same location. Move or cut copy the shortcut
file to desktop.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"PARSLEY DUMPLING" wrote:

I have totally forgotten how to create a shortcut on my desktop for an
exsisting .XLS file. Any help much appreciated in "baby speak" please.

malycom

CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT?

Right Click the .xls and choose the 'Send To' and then from options selct
'Desktop' which automatically creates a shortcut.