-   -   Copy and paste when in fliter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238286-copy-paste-when-fliter.html)

lalann

Copy and paste when in fliter

Hi,

When I use fliter, how can I copy and paste the data in another column? For
example:
When I filter column A with "Texas", I want to copy the data in column B
into column C. However, as column A is in fliter, I can't do this. Can anyone
have an idea to solve it? Thanks.

Column A Column B Column C
1 Texas A
3 Texas B
5 Texas D
6 Texas F

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Copy and paste when in fliter

Hi,

I think you will need to use a macro.

Sub Macro1()
Dim cell As Range
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Offset(0, 1) = cell
Next cell
End Sub

to use this you select the filter range, say B2:B10 and run the macro.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"lalann" wrote:

Hi,

When I use fliter, how can I copy and paste the data in another column? For
example:
When I filter column A with "Texas", I want to copy the data in column B
into column C. However, as column A is in fliter, I can't do this. Can anyone
have an idea to solve it? Thanks.

Column A Column B Column C
1 Texas A
3 Texas B
5 Texas D
6 Texas F

lalann

Copy and paste when in fliter

Thanks. Hope that the new excel has this function without the use of a macro.
I believe that a lot of people will use this function pretty often.