-   -   if cell does not contain ".rb" then create hyperlink on cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238258-if-cell-does-not-contain-rb-then-create-hyperlink-cell.html)

Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com

if cell does not contain ".rb" then create hyperlink on cell

Hello
I am trying to create a formula using an if statement. I was thinking it
should be something along the lines of...if cell does not contain ".rb" then
create hyperlink on cell.

(this is for a pivot table so a preferred sort is not possible for this
report. So I am wanting to create a hyperlink next to the pivot table row
showing the valid links only) thanks in advance. -M

example data:

090309.rb <= "no link"
110209.rb <= "no link"
formulatype.html < = Hyperlink(formulatype.html)
frmrate.html <= Hyperlink(frmrate.html)

--
Misty :-)

Franz Verga

if cell does not contain ".rb" then create hyperlink on cell

Hello Misty,

if your data to check for hyperlinks starts in A6, for example,
you can use the following formula:

=IF(NOT(ISERR(FIND(".rb",A6))),"",HYPERLINK(A6))

then you have to drag the formula till the end of your data.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy (now in Berlin)