-   -   2007 mini toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238242-2007-mini-toolbar.html)

JR Hester

2007 mini toolbar

Excel 2007 on WinXP
can anyone help me locate the mini toolbar? whenever I right click any where
I get both a small toolbar of formatting options as well as a short menu of
options. I believed the small toolbar to be the mini toolbar until earlier
today when testing teh Excel Options mini toolbar chcekbox. I found to my
dismay that regardless of the status of this checkbox, I still get both the
menu and the toolbar when right clicking any cell in Excel. Have I found a
glitch in my application or have I mis-identified the mini toolbar. ( sure
wish I could paste an image into this message)

Thanks for your help in identification

Another thought, the only addin installed is the SAVE AS PDF or XPS format.

Thank you,

JR Hester

2007 mini toolbar

OK, NOW I get it. The "Show Mini toolbar" option only controls the display of
the mini toolbar when selecting text in the formula bar. I was mis reading
the text, both teh shortcut menu AND teh mini tool bar ALWAYS display when
right clciking a selection.

That was a good lesson in futility-- sorry to have bothered so many of you
with this query.

"JR Hester" wrote:

Excel 2007 on WinXP
can anyone help me locate the mini toolbar? whenever I right click any where
I get both a small toolbar of formatting options as well as a short menu of
options. I believed the small toolbar to be the mini toolbar until earlier
today when testing teh Excel Options mini toolbar chcekbox. I found to my
dismay that regardless of the status of this checkbox, I still get both the
menu and the toolbar when right clicking any cell in Excel. Have I found a
glitch in my application or have I mis-identified the mini toolbar. ( sure
wish I could paste an image into this message)

Thanks for your help in identification

Another thought, the only addin installed is the SAVE AS PDF or XPS format.

Thank you,

Ron de Bruin

2007 mini toolbar

You can only disable this toolbar with VBA as far as I know

Look good (this is a bug)

This will show the menu
Application.ShowMenuFloaties = False

This will hide the menu
Application.ShowMenuFloaties = True

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JR Hester" schreef in bericht
[...]

signature database 4286 (20090728) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4286 (20090728) __________

http://www.eset.com

JR Hester

2007 mini toolbar

Thanks Ron, I will file that away for a future reference. I later discovered
that I was misunderstanding the functionality of the Show Mini Toolbar option
in the Excel Options page. Hopefully I am starightened out now.

Thanks again