-   -   Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238106-formatting.html)

Fred Asp

Formatting

Hi there

I have a file with names and adresses in different colums. They HAVE
different formats LIKE this...is it possible to tranform all text to
BLOCKLETTERS for example?

Fred

Luke M

Formatting

Right click on sheet tab, view code.
Paste this in, and run:

Sub UpperCase()
For Each c In Me.UsedRange
c.Formula = UCase(c.Formula)
Next

Best Regards,

Luke M

"Fred Asp" wrote:

Hi there

I have a file with names and adresses in different colums. They HAVE
different formats LIKE this...is it possible to tranform all text to
BLOCKLETTERS for example?

Fred

David Biddulph[_2_]

Formatting

=UPPER(A1)
--
David Biddulph

"Fred Asp" wrote in message
Hi there

I have a file with names and adresses in different colums. They HAVE
different formats LIKE this...is it possible to tranform all text to
BLOCKLETTERS for example?

Fred

Gary''s Student

Formatting

Try this small macro:

Sub capitallize()
For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
r.Value = UCase(r.Value)
Next
End Sub

Macros are very easy to install and use:

1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window
2. ALT-I
ALT-M opens a fresh module
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To use the macro from the normal Excel window:

1. ALT-F8
2. Select the macro
3. Touch Run

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE window as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200859