-   -   Alternatives to advance filtering? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238070-alternatives-advance-filtering.html)

Eddie Holder

Alternatives to advance filtering?

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. I believe that when using the
advance filter function it applies an asterix/wildcard at the end of the
word. Can anyone tell me what the VBA coding is to look for a true/exact word
- i think it incorporates and = sign immediately before the word?

--

Alwyas Trying
Eddie

Dave Peterson

Alternatives to advance filtering?

Enter this as text (preform the cell as text or start with an apostrophe):

'=Ed
(to retrieve all the Ed's, but not the Eddie's.)

Or use a formula that evaluates to that same text string.
="="&"ED"

Eddie Holder wrote:

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. I believe that when using the
advance filter function it applies an asterix/wildcard at the end of the
word. Can anyone tell me what the VBA coding is to look for a true/exact word
- i think it incorporates and = sign immediately before the word?

--

Alwyas Trying
Eddie

--

Dave Peterson

Eddie Holder

Alternatives to advance filtering?

That is great Thank you Dave
--

Alwyas Trying
Eddie

Eddie Holder wrote:

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. I believe that when using the
advance filter function it applies an asterix/wildcard at the end of the
word. Can anyone tell me what the VBA coding is to look for a true/exact word
- i think it incorporates and = sign immediately before the word?

--

Alwyas Trying
Eddie

--

Dave Peterson

Lori

Alternatives to advance filtering?

Another option is to check "transition formula evaluation" in Excel options,
before applying the filter, but make sure to uncheck it off after.

ActiveSheet.TransitionExpEval=True
Range.AdvancedFilter ...
ActiveSheet.TransitionExpEval=False