-   -   Formatting the font of X axis values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/238064-formatting-font-x-axis-values.html)

Tigerxxx

Formatting the font of X axis values

Hello,

In Excel 2007, the X axis labels I have chosen are as follows:
-1, 3, 4, -3 etc.
i.e. the X axis reads the above numbers.

However I am trying to format the numbers as follows so that the negative
numbers will show red.
0.0;[Red]-0.0

The X axis for some reason does not seem to take the above formatting.
Any ideas why?

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

Formatting the font of X axis values

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 23:02:05 -0700, Tigerxxx
wrote:

Hello,

In Excel 2007, the X axis labels I have chosen are as follows:
-1, 3, 4, -3 etc.
i.e. the X axis reads the above numbers.

However I am trying to format the numbers as follows so that the negative
numbers will show red.
0.0;[Red]-0.0

The X axis for some reason does not seem to take the above formatting.
Any ideas why?

If your chart is of the type "X Y (Scatter)" this formatting works.
But if you chart is of some other type, like Bar, Line, Column,
I guess the X-axis labels are interpreted as text and not as numbers.

What type of chart do you have?

Lars-Åke

Tigerxxx

Formatting the font of X axis values

It is a regular column chart. Wish tehre was some way to format the X axis
numbers...!

wrote:

Hello,

In Excel 2007, the X axis labels I have chosen are as follows:
-1, 3, 4, -3 etc.
i.e. the X axis reads the above numbers.

However I am trying to format the numbers as follows so that the negative
numbers will show red.
0.0;[Red]-0.0

The X axis for some reason does not seem to take the above formatting.
Any ideas why?

If your chart is of the type "X Y (Scatter)" this formatting works.
But if you chart is of some other type, like Bar, Line, Column,
I guess the X-axis labels are interpreted as text and not as numbers.

What type of chart do you have?

Lars-Ã…ke