-   -   Variable length of input area in a combobox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237878-variable-length-input-area-combobox.html)

Kasper

Variable length of input area in a combobox

Hi

I have a combobox from the toolbar "formula auditing"(my excel is
danish, but i think this is the english expression). Now the input
area for this combobox i variable in length, which means that some
times it will be 8 cells and other times eg. 11 cells.

Any idea how I can get a variable input area for the combobox?

I have tried using =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A,1) in a
cell and then naming the cell to "lists" and use the name "lists" in
the input area, but this only shows one cell and not the whole row.

Any ideas?

Dave Peterson

Variable length of input area in a combobox

I'm not sure why you included that 1 inside the =counta() expression. Maybe a
typo in the post???

Debra Dalgleish has some notes here that may help:
http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--

Dave Peterson