-   -   HELP - my formulas won't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237819-help-my-formulas-wont-work.html)

Jennifer

HELP - my formulas won't work

I have a series of data cells for which I am trying to calculate the sum.
When I try to do so, it will just return "0". When I try to calculate the
average, it just returns the "DIV/0!" error.

I have already tried copying and paste special (values), coping this into
another spreadsheet, etc. When I manually input the numbers, however, it
works.

WHY?

Mike H

HELP - my formulas won't work

Hi,

Put a 1 in a cell and copy it, select these 'numbers' and then

Edit|Paste special - select multiply - Ok

Mike