-   -   How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23781-how-do-i-convert-entire-spread-sheet-form-inches-centimeters.html)

Ted

How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters

I need to convert my entire spreadsheet from inches to centimeters. I found
a way to convert a cell value, but is there a way to convert all the values
in the spreadsheet?

Hi

It depends on how the information is entered. If a cell contains 9 (meaning
9 inches) you can convert this to cm by multiplying by 2.54 (ish).
If all of the cells you wish to change are simply numbers like that, then
you can type 2.54 into a cell, copy it, select the range of numbers, and
Paste Special / Multiply.
It might be that we need more information on the layout/content of your
sheet.

--
Andy.

"Ted" wrote in message
I need to convert my entire spreadsheet from inches to centimeters. I
found
a way to convert a cell value, but is there a way to convert all the
values
in the spreadsheet?

Bernie Deitrick

It depends on how the information is entered. If a cell contains 9
(meaning
9 inches) you can convert this to cm by multiplying by 2.54 (ish).

Actually, the 2.54 is an exact conversion, so there is no 'ish'

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Thanks Bernie! I didn't check and I didn't want to mislead the poster!!

--
Andy.

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
It depends on how the information is entered. If a cell contains 9

(meaning
9 inches) you can convert this to cm by multiplying by 2.54 (ish).

Actually, the 2.54 is an exact conversion, so there is no 'ish'

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Ted

Is there a way of dealing with cells that have formulas in them? In version
2000 I could accomplish that doing cell format.