-   -   CHANGE COLOR OF A ROW (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237778-change-color-row.html)

Dave

CHANGE COLOR OF A ROW

Hi,

How do you make a row change color dependent upon a reponse in one of the
cells?

Thanks

Max

CHANGE COLOR OF A ROW

"Dave" wrote:
How do you make a row change color dependent
upon a reponse in one of the cells?

One way is via conditional formatting ..
Let's say you want to color entire rows where the value in col B = 5
Select the entire sheet, apply CF via Formula Is:
=$B1=5
(the key is to fix the point to col B using the $ sign)
Format to taste ok out
Test it out, enter: 5 anywhere in col B, the entire row will get formatted

Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore

Dave

CHANGE COLOR OF A ROW

Hi Max

Thanks for that. I didnt realise this coul be done with conditional
formatting. Thats great!

Thanks

"Max" wrote:

"Dave" wrote:
How do you make a row change color dependent
upon a reponse in one of the cells?

One way is via conditional formatting ..
Let's say you want to color entire rows where the value in col B = 5
Select the entire sheet, apply CF via Formula Is:
=$B1=5
(the key is to fix the point to col B using the $ sign)
Format to taste ok out
Test it out, enter: 5 anywhere in col B, the entire row will get formatted

Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---

Max

CHANGE COLOR OF A ROW

Glad to hear. Could you spare a moment to hit the YES button (like the one
below) in that response? Thanks.