-   -   How do I Format fractions as fraction characters in Excel 2003? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237739-how-do-i-format-fractions-fraction-characters-excel-2003-a.html)

drywall steve

How do I Format fractions as fraction characters in Excel 2003?

I want to have fractions displayed in smaller text than whole numbers in
excel 2003

Dave Peterson

How do I Format fractions as fraction characters in Excel 2003?

Numbers (and formulas) don't allow this kind of formatting.

You'd have to use text (precede your entry with an apostrophe or pre-format the
cell as text, then enter the value) and then you could do it.

Select the characters you want to format differently in the formula bar
Format|Cells|Font tab
and make the changes you like.

--

Dave Peterson