-   -   how to edit a drop down box in excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237725-how-edit-drop-down-box-excel-2007-a.html)

Shepjk

how to edit a drop down box in excel 2007

I'm trying to edit a list in a drop down box.

Richard

how to edit a drop down box in excel 2007

The items in your drop down list will be somewhere in the workbook you are
working in and is referenced by your drop down list, find the list in your
work book and edit, keeping them in the same cells or the drop down will not
work. hope this helps.
--
Lewy

"Shepjk" wrote:

I'm trying to edit a list in a drop down box.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

how to edit a drop down box in excel 2007

Hi,

The answer depends on what type of drop down box you have - Excel supports
at least 3 types - Data, Validation Lists, Control Toolbox combo boxes, and
Forms toolbar combo boxes. Also there in a similar type for User Forms.
Also the answer depends on what you mean by edit the drop down box. If you
want to edit an item on the dropdown list when you open the list - you can't.

If the drop down is a data validation list select the cell with the drop
down and choose Data, Validation note the Source, it is what you will need to
modify. You either edit the list in the Source box or move to the range
referenced by the source box and edit there. Then you indicate in the source
box if the range has changed.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Shepjk" wrote:

I'm trying to edit a list in a drop down box.

jkw

how to edit a drop down box in excel 2007

I have a list that I can't find the source for. Below is my formula and I
can't find it.

=IF(ISBLANK(AG1),"",(VLOOKUP(AG:AG,List!B:D,3,0)))