-   -   calculating commissions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237614-calculating-commissions.html)

RC

calculating commissions

I am looking for a formula that allows me to calculate payment to sales
people for comissions but with a draw.

Example

Sales person makes 1000 a month
Sales are 100,000 a month
He gets 1% of sales as commissions = 1000
So in this example, he does not get paid any commissions.

If he sold 200,000 he would get 1000 paid in commissiio.

I have it structured where the monthly draw is in one row and below I have
the comissions, but I want to show the ammount of commissions they get paid,
if they have to get paid.

Hope its clear. Its kind of hard explaining it in words.

THanks

Fred Smith[_4_]

calculating commissions

You probably want the following to calculate the pay (assumes sales in a1):
=max(1000,a1*1%)

Regards,
Fred

"RC" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that allows me to calculate payment to sales
people for comissions but with a draw.

Example

Sales person makes 1000 a month
Sales are 100,000 a month
He gets 1% of sales as commissions = 1000
So in this example, he does not get paid any commissions.

If he sold 200,000 he would get 1000 paid in commissiio.

I have it structured where the monthly draw is in one row and below I have
the comissions, but I want to show the ammount of commissions they get
paid,
if they have to get paid.

Hope its clear. Its kind of hard explaining it in words.

THanks

joeu2004

calculating commissions

"RC" wrote:
Sales person makes 1000 a month
Sales are 100,000 a month
He gets 1% of sales as commissions = 1000
So in this example, he does not get paid any commissions.
If he sold 200,000 he would get 1000 paid in commissiio.

Do you mean he gets 1% of sales less his salary?

If so, then:

=MAX(0, A1*1% - A2)

where A1 is sales and A2 is salary.

I am looking for a formula that allows me to calculate payment to sales
people for comissions but with a draw.

Example

Sales person makes 1000 a month
Sales are 100,000 a month
He gets 1% of sales as commissions = 1000
So in this example, he does not get paid any commissions.

If he sold 200,000 he would get 1000 paid in commissiio.

I have it structured where the monthly draw is in one row and below I have
the comissions, but I want to show the ammount of commissions they get
paid,
if they have to get paid.

Hope its clear. Its kind of hard explaining it in words.

THanks

smartin

calculating commissions

RC wrote:
I am looking for a formula that allows me to calculate payment to sales
people for comissions but with a draw.

Example

Sales person makes 1000 a month
Sales are 100,000 a month
He gets 1% of sales as commissions = 1000
So in this example, he does not get paid any commissions.

If he sold 200,000 he would get 1000 paid in commissiio.

I have it structured where the monthly draw is in one row and below I have
the comissions, but I want to show the ammount of commissions they get paid,
if they have to get paid.

Hope its clear. Its kind of hard explaining it in words.

THanks

I interpreted your example as follows:

"A salesperson's commission rate is 1% of sales, but only to the extent
that the commission exceeds the salary. How do I calculate the commission?"

Then using named ranges to indicate Sales and Salary, this will be the
commission:

=MAX((Sales*0.01)-Salary,0)